Monday, December 25, 2017

Lakeshore Labyrinth


On the east side of Lakeshore Drive United Church, on Lakeshore Drive in Morrisburg, Ontario. There stands a pole with a sign on it that says LAKESHORE LABYRINTH with an arrow that points to the back of the church.


It says this on both sides.


I went there to photograph the Essie Jane Tuttle Bench. When I arrived behind the church I saw a plaque. Aha! The Lakeshore Labyrinth is a memorial.

Lakeshore Labyrinth
A MEMORIAL PROJECT IN RECOGNITION OF
A LEGACY FROM ROSS HUMMELL
WITH SUPPORT FROM HIS SISTERS AND BROTHER
ASSISTED BY GENEROUS DONATIONS FROM:
ATLAS BLOCKS (OAKS PRODUCTS)
CRUICKSHANK CONSTRUCTION LIMITED
LLOYD MCMILLAN EQUIPMENT LIMITED
LEO LAFORTUNE
DEDICATED JUNE, 2007
PLAQUE DONATED BY UPPER CANADA GRANITE

So I looked around and thought, "Alright, where's the labyrinth?"


Then I noticed the large stone patio, laid out with a maze. Very clever. So I photographed it and you are looking at the pictures I took.

The Essie Jane Tuttle Bench is on the left.