The Nepean Coat of Arms is installed on a wall in the foyer of Ben Franklin Place on Centrepointe Drive.
Nepean Coat of Arms
The Nepean Coat of Arms was carved by
several thousand residents of Nepean under
the supervision of stone carver Robert
Brown. The sandstone was supplied from
the Corkstown Road quarry, courtesy of
Public Works Canada. The Nepean coat
of Arms was adopted in 1983 by the City of
Nepean with permission from the family of
Sir Evan Nepean. Sir Evan (1751-1822),
was an English nobleman who served as
secretary of the Admiralty, Chief Secretary
for Ireland, and Governor of Bombay.