|This monument was erected by the Women's Canadian Historical Society of Ottawa|
Mrs. Thomas Ahearn, President
Sunday, June 16, 2013
45th Parallel Monument
This is one of the monuments erected in 1845 to mark the international boundary along the 45th parallel, between the province of Quebec and the state of New York, as determined in the Ashburton-Webster Treaty signed at Washington in 1842. The International Boundary Commission replaced the badly deteriorated original monuments with granite posts in 1902, and this original was presented to the City of Ottawa.